We are excited to announce that we are now accepting entries for The City of Dreams 2020 Pavilion Design Competition!
Phewwww! The Deadline has been extended!
We are excited to announce that we extended the FIGMENT NYC deadline to April 15th!Read more
We are excited to announce that we are now accepting art project submissions for the FIGMENT NYC 2019 Weekend!Read more
We are excited to invite you to our second annual FIGMENT Project Fundraiser and Masquerade Ball on October 15th from 7-10pm!Read more
Photo (c) 2013 Stefano Corso of Batala NYC
I have big news to share with you. After 12 years of creating interactive events and experiences on Governors Island, FIGMENT NYC will be moving in 2019, for the first time in our history. I am pleased to announce that FIGMENT NYC will take place on June 1-2, 2019, on Roosevelt Island in Lighthouse Park.
We are very excited about our new collaboration with the Roosevelt Island Operating Corporation (RIOC), and we are very eager to reach out to the people of Roosevelt Island to involve them as participants, artists, and organizers of FIGMENT NYC 2019.
SAVE THE DATE!
We are excited to invite you to our second annual FIGMENT Project Fundraiser and Masquerade ball!
Monday, October 15
Caveat, New York’s newest speakeasy stage for playful, intelligent nightlife
21A Clinton Street
Stay tuned for more details!
Join us for our 12th year of FIGMENT NYC for two days full of joyful expressions of art, play, and interaction.
Volunteers: Do you want to help make the magic happen?! Figment is 100% volunteer-powered with no corporate sponsorship. There's still time to join our creative, diverse, super fun TEAM! No matter your skill set, we have an amazing task for you. Sign up here!
What: FIGMENT is a free participatory arts event held on Governors Island, acting as a forum for the creation of participatory and interactive art by emerging artists across disciplines. FIGMENT fosters participation between artists and participants through hundreds of interactive art installations throughout Governors Island, challenging visitors to find new ways to create, share, and dream together.
When: Saturday, June 23 — Sunday, June 24, 2018. 10am-6pm.
Note: The event is rain-or-shine.
Where: Governors Island, NYC… a short ferry ride from lower Manhattan and Brooklyn! Click here for directions.
How Much: FREE! FIGMENT is a free, non-profit event.
RSVP: RSVP here for the FIGMENT NYC weekend, entrance is free and open to the public. While you are not required to RSVP, it will help us to have an accurate number of attendees.
See you on the island!
After such an amazing event last year we decided to do it again! FIGMENT NYC is pleased to announce our Third Square Foot Art Auction and Fundraiser. 12"x 12" Works donated by local/regional artists will be exhibited and sold in a silent auction with many starting bids of $50. What better way to support a local artist and FIGMENT NYC, as well as find original pieces to adorn your home or office? There will be a cash bar, DJ sets by some of Brooklyn's finest, performance artists and more, and of course, all pieces for auction will be on display for attendees in the gallery.
When: Thursday April 5th, 2018 7:00pm – 12:00pm
Where: Union Square Ballroom, 27 Union Square W, New York, NY 10003
Tickets: Tickets available here
- $50- General admission
- $75 - Rockstar 1 drink ticket and custom screen print tote
- $100 - Friend of the Arts 2 drink tickets, custom screen print tote
Join: Find us and invite your friends on Facebook!
Believers in participatory, community-based creativity are invited to this kickoff event/fundraiser in celebration and support of FIGMENT NYC’s eleventh annual season. This party celebrates artists of the NYC community. The room will be filled with 12"x12" works of art created by local and regional artists and will be exhibited and sold in a silent auction with bids beginning at $50. Proceeds will go toward FIGMENT NYC 2018. Help be a part of the movement to make FIGMENT NYC a success in its 12th year! It’s a great way for artists to show their work to a large community and support this year’s FIGMENT NYC Art event. We are also looking for performance artists for the evening so please get the word out for anyone who would like to be part of this amazing event!
- All mediums welcome
- Dimensions: All pieces must be 12”h x 12”w.
- Delivery: ready to mount; preferably with 2 hooks in the back and no chain or cord. When you sign up to participate you will receive an email with suggested canvases and/or mounting measurements.
- To submit a piece 12x12 piece click here: Submit a 12x12 piece
- Art Sales: Up to 40/60 Artist/Figment NYC. Artists can also opt to donate the full amount.
- Artist receives one complimentary entry to the event.
- Delivery: Day of starting at 11 am at Union Square Ballroom.
- Artist information
- Questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Art Drop off/Pick Up:
- Pieces can be dropped off at the venue the day of the event starting at 11 am.
- Purchased pieces with be provided to the winners that evening so please bring the appropriate wrapping materials.
- If your piece does not sell, you can pick it up at the end of the night. If you will not be there please ensure you have set up a proxy for pick up.
- Please ensure that all piece come wrapped in the appropriate wrapping for a patron to take it home.
See you there and share with friends and other artists!Read more