FIGMENT offers an alternative to the traditional art scene in New York, using interaction and collaboration as tools for exploring creativity, and being completely free and open to the public.
There are shops and restaurants on Staten Island if you want to explore beyond Snug Harbor.
FIGMENT is a Sustainable Event. We encourage you to bring anything that you might need for the day.
- Drinking water: Bring your own reusable drinking vessel.
- Picnic food and snacks to eat and share
- Sun protection: Sunscreen, a floppy hat or parasol, and sunglasses
- Toys: Sidewalk chalk, kites, hula hoops, croquet sets, water guns… anything that you want to play with or invite others to join you in!
- Any necessary medications
- Costumes: FIGMENT is the perfect time to play make-believe (for both kids & adults!)
- Bicycle, skates or skate board: Snug Harbor is about 2 miles from the Staten Island Ferry. It is walkable but wheels make it easy to get around!
-Dogs are allowed and Snug Harbor follows the same rules as other NYC parks. For more information please visit here for more guidelines on dogs in NYC parks.
The following items are PROHIBITED – please do not bring them:
-Limited parking availability.
- Anything that is not legal to have in public in New York City
BRINGING YOUR ART
We invite you to bring your art, performance, or artistic endeavors… and hope that you will take advantage of FIGMENT as a creative outlet for your work. Please note that you cannot bring anything that needs to be staked into the ground, be connected to a power source, plotted on the map, or scheduled for a stage or performance area unless your project is pre-registered with FIGMENT.
Fill out this form by April 18 if you would like to be an official FIGMENT artist, listed on the website and promoted via our social media outlets.