One of the best things about FIGMENT is that it runs entirely on volunteer power. The bulk of our volunteer needs occur during the weeks leading up to the weekend festival in June, but there is also a fantastic team of dedicated folks who work year-round to make it happen--fundraising, updating the website, keeping track of island permits, PR, and much, much more.
These are just some of our current volunteer needs. To sign up generally to volunteer with us, please fill out the informational form here.
FIGMENT is currently seeking core team members in the following areas:
- Power lead: this person has basic knowledge in power/electricity, can manage circuit loads with confidence and has availability to meet with curatorial team in advance of FIGMENT and to come out to Governors Island in the days leading up to the weekend event.
- Social Media: We are seeking a long-term, experienced social media person to post weekly throughout the year to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Communications: Seeking writers and webpage managers experienced with press releases, blog posts, marketing emails, basic website maintenance, etc.
- Fundraising: FIGMENT needs a fundraising strategist and team lead. Creative thinkers welcome!
- Outreach: We are looking for anyone with creative ideas about how to get the word out to new artists, volunteers, donors, and participants!
- FAST Volunteers: Figment Art Support Team. These are folks who help us out by supporting the artists, getting them checked in, etc during the weekend event. Interested in joining our curatorial team? This is a great initial way to get involved and meet our curators.
If you have experience and/or interest in the above positions, please email email@example.com with a little about your experience and which position(s) interest you.
Upcoming Work Days:
May 27th: Fence Day! Volunteers who can help set up the work fence, do light carpentry and painting, and other medium-physical tasks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and availability.
All summer: Minigolf Kiosk staffers! We need 1-2 people to run the minigof kiosk for an island shift any day Governors Island is open to the public. Checking out/in clubs and balls, chatting with interested mini golfers about FIGMENT, and enjoying the summer on the Island. Please sign up here for a shift that works for you! http://goo.gl/forms/Qs2S8NIZM4DFnu7W2