Please review the updated Detailed Project Timeline below to ensure you or someone on your team is available on key dates such as site visits, install and deinstall, and the event itself.
Additionally, please consider your calendar when applying to FIGMENT. If you are going to be out of town in the days before or after FIGMENT, you’ll need to consider how you’ll handle install, deinstall, and management of your project in your absence.
We have some restrictions on vehicles, which will require additional planning for artists who need to transport materials. See our Artist Updates page for more info.
Weekend Event Process Timeline
- Jan 20 Call for Submissions Opens! Project approvals begin on a rolling basis
- April 13 Call for Art submissions close
- TBD Roosevelt Island Site Visit #1—Visit the island with the curatorial team
- May 1 Project Approval Deadline—You’ll hear from us by this date if you haven't already
- TBD Roosevelt Island Site Visit #2 —Visit the island with the curatorial team
- June 4 and 5 Install
- Jun 6 & 7 FIGMENT Festival in NYC!
- Jun 8 Deinstall Day—All projects must be removed by 2pm Monday unless alternative arrangements are worked out with FIGMENT and Roosevelt Island