After you complete the submission form, you will receive an automated confirmation email. A FIGMENT curator will be assigned to your project, and will contact you within a few days to let you know if we have any questions for you. If you need to make travel plans by a certain date in order to get to FIGMENT, please bring this to the attention of your curator.
We will begin accepting submissions on a rolling basis once the submissions process opens. The time to review and accept projects varies greatly by project. All artists will be notified by the Project Approval Deadline listed in the Detailed Project Timeline below.
Detailed Project Timeline
- Jan 20 Call for Submissions Opens! Project approvals begin on a rolling basis
- April 13 Call for Art submissions close
- TBD Roosevelt Island Site Visit #1—Visit the island with the curatorial team
- May 1 Project Approval Deadline—You’ll hear from us by this date if you haven't already
- TBD Roosevelt Island Site Visit #2 —Visit the island with the curatorial team
- June 4 and 5 Install
- Jun 6 & 7 FIGMENT Festival in NYC!
- Jun 8 Deinstall Day—All projects must be removed by 2pm Monday unless alternative arrangements are worked out with FIGMENT and Roosevelt Island