Teachers and Youth Organizations
ATTENTION ALL EDUCATORS!
Are you looking to plan a stimulating experience where students can learn, engage, explore and create?
Have you wanted to include more of The Arts into your classroom curriculum?
Do you have an Arts Program at your school but are looking to enhance it?
FIGMENT is a free, participatory arts event on Governors Island in June, 2012 (dates TBD) and we’re inviting you to be part of our community.
Here are some ways you and your students can get involved
- Propose your own creative and engaging activity.
- Plan a performance (music, dance, theater) or build an installation for FIGMENT weekend June 2012 (dates TBD).
- Start thinking about building a sculpture or mini-golf hole for the 2012 season-long installation on Governors Island. The 2012 Call for Proposals will be up on January 15, 2012!
- Join us on Opening Day, date TBD, for “FIGMENT School & Opening Day” to make and participate in art with other schools.
- Visit and explore FIGMENT’s 2012 season-long Sculpture Garden and Minigolf Course over the summer! The FIGMENT Sculpture Garden and Minigolf Course will be free and open to the public on Saturdays, and Sundays while the island is open during the summer season.
Benefits of participating in FIGMENT
- Participate in and make art
- Develop teamwork
- Build community
- Meet local artists
- Experience art made by NYC school students
- Study varying terrains and transportation systems of NYC
- Learn about the history of Governors Island